Thanks for visiting the Cary CERT Association web site.
Our group is located in Cary, North Carolina, and is affiliated with the Cary Fire Department.
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
See https://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/ for more information about the national CERT program.
Cary CERT Association Objectives:
1) Encourage awareness and knowledge of emergency preparedness for individuals and families.
2) Actively support the Cary Fire Department in its education, outreach efforts, and when called upon during incidents.
3) Grow membership in Cary CERT Association.
4) Foster an atmosphere of fellowship and teamwork in support of emergency preparedness.
5) Serve as a catalyst in promoting development and growth of other CERT groups within Cary and statewide.
6) Be a resource for local and state emergency management agencies in response to incidents outside of Cary.
The Cary CERT Association is a 501.3c non-profit organization.